Today I would like to present to you a collection of quotes on perseverance.
Because to me, it’s one of the most underrated things in life and one of the most powerful qualities a person can have.
People often focus on talent, inspiration, and intelligence when they talk about being successful (or overcoming challenges ).
But perseverance is often forgotten.
So this article is all about it.
Hope you find something here that will help you move forward and achieve what you want – and need – in your life.
And if you want more motivation and advice that will help you keep going and growing, then check out this collection of quotes on never giving up.
81+1 PERSEVERING PERSONALITY QUOTES TO RENEW YOUR MOTIVATION AND ENERGY
- “Perseverance is the nobility of stubbornness. »
- “I am convinced that the half that separates
successful entrepreneurs from those who fail is pure persistence.”
- “Most men, in order to achieve their ends, are more
capable of great effort than of long perseverance.”
Jean de la Bruyère
- “There is nothing that
persistence, attention and sustained care cannot triumph .”
- “Have the will and perseverance, and you will do wonders.”
- “Persevere, render service after service, and you will obtain
recognition from the hardest heart.” »
- “Nothing in the world can replace persistence.
Talent won’t do it; nothing is more common than people
who have failed with talent. Genius will not do it;
the unrewarded genius is almost legendary.
Education won’t do it; the world is full of educated dropouts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. »
- “A hero is an ordinary person who finds the strength
to persevere and resist despite overwhelming obstacles. »
- “Life is not easy for any of us.
But what is it?
We must show perseverance and above all,
have confidence in ourselves.
We have to believe that we are good at something
and that this thing, at all costs, must be achieved. “
- “Success comes from curiosity, focus,
perseverance and self-criticism.”
- “In the realm of ideas, everything depends on enthusiasm …
in the real world, everything depends on perseverance.”
- “People who stick to things for years and
never stop almost always win the race.”
- “The extent of the struggle determines the extent of growth.
Obstacle is an advantage, not adversity.
The enemy is any perception that prevents us from seeing this. »
- “Persevere and persevere, and you will find most
of the things that are achievable, possible.”
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
it is the courage to continue that counts.”
- “Courage is not having the strength to continue,
it is to continue when you do not have the strength. »
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember
that the plane takes off against the wind, not with it. “
- “Through persistence, many people
succeed in what seemed to be a definite failure.”
- “You can face a lot of defeats,
but you don’t have to be defeated.
In fact, it may be necessary to face defeats,
so that you know who you are, what you can
rise to, how you can always come out of it. »
- “In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream
always wins – not by force but by perseverance. »
H. Jackson Brown
- “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just
that I stay with issues longer.”
- “We can do whatever we want
if we stick to it long enough.”
- “When you find yourself in a difficult situation
and everything is going against you, until it seems
like you can’t hold on for a minute longer,
never give up, because it’s fair. when and
where the wind will turn. »
Harriet Beecher Stowe
- “Anyone can hide.
Facing things, overcoming them,
is what makes you strong. “
- “The brick walls are there for a reason.
The brick walls are not there to prevent us from entering.
The brick walls are there to give us a chance
to show how badly we want something.
Because the brick walls are there to stop people
who don’t want enough. They are there to stop others. »
- “I always made a total effort, even when the odds
seemed totally unfavorable to me.
I never stopped trying;
I never felt that I had no chance of winning. »
Arnold Palme r
- “Three tips for success: consistency, consistency and consistency.”
Joe de sana
- “There is no armor like perseverance.”
- “Adversity is always the partner of progress.”
John C. Maxwell
- “Our greatest weakness is giving up.
The surest way to be successful is always
to try once more. »
- “At any time, you have the power to say:
this is not how the story is going to end. »
Christine Mason Miller
- “An inventor fails 999 times, and if he succeeds once, he is accepted.
He treats his failures simply as practice shots. »
Charles F. Kettering
- “Just like success, failure is a lot for a lot of people.
With a positive mental attitude, failure is a learning experience,
a rung on the ladder, and a plateau to get your thoughts in order to prepare you to try again. »
W. Clement Stone
- “All the adversity that I have had in my life, all my troubles and all my obstacles, made me stronger…
You might not realize it when this happens,
but a kick in the buttocks may be the best thing in the world for you. »
- “I am not judged by the number of times I fail,
but by the number of times I succeed,
and the number of times I succeed is directly proportional
to the number of times I fail and keep going. ‘try. “
- “Adversity, persistence and all of those things can shape you.
They can give you invaluable value and self-esteem. »
- “Character is what you do on the third and fourth trials. »
James A. Michener
- “One of the most amazing human traits: our ability to get up,
lug around, and do our things day in and day out.”
Alain de Botton
- “The three common things that we often don’t
pay enough attention to, but which I believe are the driving forces of all success,
are hard work, persistence, and basic honesty.”
- “What do you do first when you learn to swim?”
You make mistakes, don’t you? And what is going on?
You make other mistakes, and when you’ve made all the possible mistakes
without drowning yourself and some of them multiple times
what do you find? That you can swim?
Well, life is the same as learning to swim!
Don’t be afraid to make mistakes,
because there is no other way to learn to live! »
- “Don’t be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start over. »
- “When I was young, I observed that nine out of ten things
I did were failures. So I did ten times more work. »
George Bernard Shaw
- “In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me there was an invincible summer.”
- “Perseverance fails 19 times and succeeds on the 20th.”
- “Failure is not always a mistake.
This is perhaps the best that can be done under the circumstances.
The real mistake is to stop trying. “
- “The greater the reward for the effort,
the thinner the competition.
Patience is the keeper. “
- “Let me tell you the secret
that led to my goal.
My strength lies only in my tenacity. “
- “Men fail more often for lack of perseverance than for lack of talent.”
- “We build on failure. We use it as a springboard. We close the door to the past.
We do not try to forget the mistakes, but we do not dwell on them.
You don’t give it your energy, your time, or your space. “
- “We can easily get by if we only take on the burden that is entrusted to us every day.
But the burden will be too heavy for us if we carry the burden of yesterday even today,
and if we add the burden of the next day before we have to carry it. “
- “I am not afraid of storms, because I am learning to sail on my ship.”
Louisa may alcott
- “If a dream should fall apart, never be afraid to pick it up and start over.”
- “You have power over your mind – not over external events.
Know this and you will find strength. »
- “It’s always too early to give up.”
Norman Vincent Peale
- “The most important thing is to keep going.
The second most important thing is to choose the right direction. »
- “This is a lesson you should take into account.
Try, try, try again.
If at first you don’t succeed
, try, try, try again. “
William Edward Hickson
- “Perseverance, the secret of all triumphs.”
- “Fans give up at the first sign of difficulty and assume it’s failures.
Professionals consider failure to be part of the path to growth and mastery. “
- “Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries within it the seed of greater or equal benefit.”
- “All men make mistakes, but a good man gives in when he knows
his course is bad and fixes the evil. The only crime is pride. »
- “Failure is not fatal, but failure to change could be.”
- “Most great people have achieved their greatest success one step beyond their greatest failure.”
- “I like the reviews. It makes you strong. »
- “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience you
really stop to look fear in the face.
You are able to say to yourself:
“I experienced this horror. I can take the next thing that happens. “
- “Things work best for those who make the most of the way things work.”
- “Try something you haven’t done three times.
The first time, to overcome the fear of doing it.
A Second Time, to learn how to do it.
And a third time to find out if you like it or not. »
- “The most essential factor is persistence – the determination to never let
your energy or enthusiasm be held back by the discouragement that must inevitably come. »
James Whitcomb Riley
- “Perseverance is not a long race; there are many short races one after the other. »
- “Persistence is a positive and active characteristic.
It is not about passively waiting and hoping for a good thing to happen.
He gives us hope by helping us realize that the righteous do not suffer failure
except by giving up and trying no more. We should never give up, no matter what
temptations, frustrations, disappointments or discouragement. »
Joseph P. Wirthlin
- “The magnitude of progress is measured by the magnitude of the sacrifice it demands.”
- “Remember, you can do anything you want to do, but it takes
action, persistence, and facing your fears. »
- “Most of us who swim against the tide of issues the world doesn’t know just
need praise or encouragement – and we’ll get there.”
- “Never tried. Never failed. It doesn’t matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. ”
- “In times of great stress or adversity, it’s always best to stay busy,
to turn your anger and energy into something positive.”
- “Many of our dreams seem impossible at first, then they seem improbable,
and then, when we invoke the will, they quickly become inevitable.”
- “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat,
suffering, struggle, loss and who have managed to come out of the depths.
These people have an appreciation, sensitivity, and understanding of life that
fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep concern for love.
It’s not just the beautiful people who arrive. “
- “When you’ve exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you didn’t. »
- “Show me someone who has done something worthwhile, and I’ll show you someone who has overcome adversity.”
- “Strength does not come from physical ability. It comes from an indomitable will. »
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people
who kept trying when there seemed to be no hope.”
- “Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the calm voice
at the end of the day that says, “I’ll try again tomorrow.”
Mary anne radmacher
- “When things go wrong like they sometimes do,
When the road you take seems all uphill,
When funds are low and debts are high,
And you want to smile but you have to sigh,
When care is a bit of a rush.
Rest if you must, but don’t stop.
Success is failure in reverse,
The silvery tint on the clouds of doubt,
And you can never tell how close you are,
It can be near when it seems far away.
So stick with the fight when you are hit the hardest.
It’s when things go wrong that you don’t give up. »
Edgar A. Guest